Episode 6 – It’s Not Complicated: INC Tutoring is making a direct impact in the lives of students. (Interview w/ Jay Veal)
Jay Veal is the Founder and CEO of INC Tutoring, a private, prescriptive tutoring company specializing in individual one-on-one tutoring that achieves RESULTS. Serving clients at all academic levels in math, science and standardized test preparation, their tutors are passionate about providing a collaborative learning environment specifically tailored to the student’s learning style. The curriculum is not a “one size fits all” cookie cutter template but a holistic one that includes input from parents teachers and the student to develop lessons that foster accelerated learning/ which equals lower customer cost. INC Tutoring is one of the most sought after tutoring organizations and the only minority owned, private, prescriptive tutoring company in the Dallas area.
Jay is bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish; which he learning as the child of military parents once stationed in Arizona.
He started tutoring college students in Math as a 10 year. Throughout the years he continued to get request for teaching and tutoring in the STEM subjects. After a short stint actually teaching Math in high school, her discovered that it was a way for him to combine his passion with profit.
He first steps were to master the craft of teaching. He recognized that effective teaching s quite different than simply delivering information. Next, his goal was to build clientel and beginning marketing both online and going door to door.
It was a surprise to find out that an existing software could not be used to quickly build the product but things would need to be create from the ground up.
- Start your company as early as early as you can.
- Guard your ideas – Hone in on things that you are passionate about
- Keep Your Drive – To the point that no one else can beat you at your own game.
*Book and/or Resource:-
- “Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller – Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century” (book) by Napoleon Hill
- “Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!” (book) by Guy Kawasaki
- Coursera.org – Take free online classes from 120+ top universities and educational organizations
- MITx – Free Courses from MIT | edX
*Books are Amazon affiliate links.
“To lead an orchestra, you must turn your back on the crowd.” –Aristotle
Jay Veal on LinkedIN